If you follow me on Instagram, you know that a few weeks ago our design assistant Natalie left us to pursue her dreams of working in New York.
Although we will miss here, we are so happy for her and proud of her for taking the big leap!
Because of her departure AND because of some big, huge, gigantic things in the works for ABI, we looking to hire a few new team members!
Our tiny-but-mighty firm is looking to hire a design assistant and marketing specialist. (You can read the full job descriptions below!)
Arianne Bellizaire Interiors LLC is seeking a motivated, intuitive design assistant with proven design, project management, and communications skills. We are also looking for a dynamic marketing specialist who has a firm grasp on how to develop an effective communications plan.
So the question is, are you or someone you know interested in coming along with us on this exciting ride?!
The Design Assistant will collaborate with the principal designer, design staff, architects and clients in the design process from concept to installation.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can provide design process support as well as communicate with all key project stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in design presentations and drawings
- Visit design buildings and showrooms for sample returns, deliveries, and pick-ups
- Source and organize materials for client presentations
- Contact vendors, track shipments, coordinate deliveries and assist on installations
- Assist with styling and accessorize rooms for installations and photoshoots
- Product & material research
- Assist with installations, site measuring, photo & video shoots
- A working knowledge of CAD, Photoshop and Excel. Knowledge of Revit and Chief Architect is a plus, but not necessary.
- An interior design portfolio (i.e. design boards, renderings, space plans, and rooms you have designed…even if they are of your own home)
- Strong organizational skills and a heightened attention to detail
- Advanced creative, conceptual, photography, problem solving, planning, production and organizational abilities
- Self-starter who works well independently and collaboratively
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships
- Problem-solver/Quick-learner – ability to seek solutions and adapt to new situations
- Have a passion for architecture, design, and/or interiors
- Availability to occasionally work non-standard office hours to complete installations, meet deliveries etc. required.
The Communications Specialist will collaborate with the principal designer, design staff, architects and clients to communicate and promote accomplishments with a solid, strategic content marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can balance the long term communication strategies with daily social media communication strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with the Principal and design staff to ensure its effectiveness
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters
- Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Work with the design team to ensure social media tools are kept up to date
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites
- Support Principal in content planning and blog post writing, editing and scheduling
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Proactively establish relationships with relevant content partners
- Draft press releases to local, regional and national media outlets to pitch design projects for feature
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the design field
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
ABI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
If you believe that you might be a good fit for our growing team, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, feel free to pass along this post to anyone you know who might be interested in the opportunity!